Saturday, July 14, 2012

What Do You Post About When You Have Been MIA?

I have been so neglectful of this little ol' blog! May was sooo busy and then summer just started to happen... and I just decided to take a break from all things school related.  I haven't checked out any of the blogs I usually obsess over.  I am sure I am completely out of the loop.  Anyhoo,  I went to a meeting put on by my district the other day and it sort of got my brain revved up and me a little excited about school.  Then, I went to Target and , Oh My Stars!  I found the cutest, smallest, magnetic erasers for my kiddos white boards!  No more dirty looking socks or pieces of felt for me!  These look like mini chalkboard erasers!  I was so excited that I did a little dance right there in the Target dollar spot.  Next it was on to Wally world.  I found individual glue sticks for 10 cents or a package of two for 50. Hmmm, now which do you think I bought?  I did refrain from going overboard on school supplies.  I will wait until closer to school starting to buy those - hoping that maybe, just maybe, the prices will go down. (they didn't last year, btw.)  I dropped these glue sticks off at my classroom so they wouldn't melt in my truck and that made me take a look at my room.  Big mistake.  They are currently ripping out my vintage 1943 bathroom (which I am thankful for because it smells like a bathroom from 1943!) but that means the floors etc... won't be done until the week before school starts.  Big bummer.  But... it did get my brain working on how I want to rearrange my room.  I will make it work for me this year!  I think I Can! I think I can!  I think I can work around the weird, all-wall consuming fireplace with built in shelves too small for anything!  I will work around the two radiators too hot to push things against! I will work with another wall full of drawers - great storage, but no creating no wall space. 
I CAN DO IT! 

On to other things....  I have perusing Daily Five and am seriously thinking of incorporating this into my room.  I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around doing it throughout the day, after mini-lessons, instead of the more traditional literacy station/center type of structure I am used to.  I will keep you up to date on this progress as I dig more in to it. (gotta finish the last few chapters!)

Also, I am going to a Whole Brain Teaching conference this Tues. in Union, MO.  I am so excited!  I implemented different aspects of WBT this past year and it was awesome!! I always thought I had fairly good classroom management, but this made it even better!  I can't wait to learn more and add it into my classroom this coming year. 

Ok.  That is about it.  I know you were just dying to know all of that now weren't you?  Enjoy the rest of your summer break!

Separator

2 comments:

P Marksberry said...

You will love the WBT conference. I went to it last week in Ohio and loved it.

Lauren said...

Your blog is so cute! It sounds like your classroom setup is like mine, only a tad worse! Gotta love those old buildings right??? Stop by my blog if you get a chance so you can enter my giveaway! I'm giving way 3 $10 gift certificates to tpt for back to school!!

Lauren C
www.kinder-friends.blogspot.com