Monday, April 11, 2011

Focus Walls, Leprechauns and other Randomness

The past two weeks have been so busy!  I'm sure many of you can agree that things get busy in Spring!  I do believe there were several nights we ate dinner about the time the kids should have been getting into bed!  That's what I get for having all four of them involved in softball or baseball! Anyway,  I have several things from the past few weeks to share.  I'll start with our leprechauns.  I can't remember who posted these cute as a button little guys but I had to put them in my art station (center).  If any of you can remember who had this idea please post below!  The kiddos did a great job creating theirs - mostly unassisted too!




I also got out our phonics phones.  I have had these for years and always forget to get them out.  It has been a lot quieter in my reading corner lately!




We have been studying the life cycle of butterflies and frogs.  Here a few of our projects:


I often fill in the gaps around our word wall words with our projects.



We mixed yellow and blue to make the green for our frogs.  I love the variety of greens it gave us!
I also took some pictures of my "spotlight" walls.  These are my version of a focus wall.  Instead of one focus wall with all of our info. on it, I split it into several.  (I have a polka-dot/spot theme in my room - that is where the spotlight part came from) I thought I might have bitten off more than I could chew - but the kids love it!  Now I wish I had been doing this from the beginning of the year.  They help me make examples to go on each board and help me remember to change them to our next topic.  It has been neat to see them take ownership of these.  Here are some pics:
Our theme wall: this has been a favorite to add info. too!

Our language wall lists any words, letters etc.. we are working on.  I've seen the kiddos referring to it often!

writing wall

A close-up of our writing wall.

I should have waited and taken a picture of this after we created examples of symmetrical shapes to go with it! Oh Well!  Hind sight!

We'll keep adding to this one!



 That's it for now!  Hopefully this week will calm down a bit - but I won't hold my breath!









Separator

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Things didn't settle down any, did they...

Your room looks great. So springy!